A Great Place to Grow Your Family!
Friday, May 24, 2013
Jesus Christ, the Way, the Truth and the Life
Life Groups are small, intimate small groups (no more than 10) that function within an overall Bible study community. To get a better understanding of how this ministry works, we want to familiarize you with our key terms.
What is a life line and what are life groups? We're glad you asked! Our Life Groups ministry values the transformative power of the Word of God and the strengthening power of small group communities. As such, our ministry's schedule uniquely rotates emphasis week by week.
* Group Facilitator (1 person)- Lead a Life Group by facilitating discussion
* Group Facilitator Assistants (2 people)- Support the facilitator and be available to fill in when needed
* Group Care Leaders (2 people)- Make sure that no one in the group "falls through the cracks." Care leaders make contacts when group members miss Life Groups
* Group Fellowship Coordinators (2 people)- Takes the lead in planning monthly outings for the group by collecting fellowship ideas, planning and coordinating outings and reminding group members about upcoming gatherings
* Group Prayer Coordinator (1 person)- Takes the lead in praying for each person in the Life Group on a daily basis and in leading the group to pray for one another
* Group Outreach Coordinator (1 person)- Keeps the group on the task of reaching the lost and making disciples by emphasizing awareness of lost and unchurched people. Leads the group to have a list of people in their lives who they are seeking to bring to know Christ
* Group Celebration Coordinator (1 person)- Leads the group to celebrate major events in the life of each group member (birthdays, anniversaries, etc...). Leads the group to celebrate major spiritual events in the life of the group (salvations, baptisms, spiritual goals reached, etc...). In addition, this person coordinates any snacks (coffee, doughnuts, etc...) for group meetings